A flexible forward can be used as part of:
- An FX payment
- A trade
Using a flexible forward as part of an FX payment
To use a flexible forward as part of an FX payment, simply:
- Go to the "Payment" page
- Select a beneficiary and the account to debit corresponding to the sell currency of your flexible forward (eg, if you have traded a EURUSD flexible forward, you need to select your EUR account as the account to debit)
- Enter the amount of the payment as well as the execution date
- Compatible flexible forwards will be displayed in the "Use flexible forward" field
Compatible flexible forwards are those:
- Labelled in the currency of the payment
- With a take-up period compatible with the payment execution date
- And a remaining amount equal or greater to the payment amount
Once you have selected the flexible forward that you want to use and have filled in the remaining required fields, simply click on "Next".
As part of the payment, an FX trade corresponding to the payment amount will be made at the FX rate of the flexible forward.
Using a flexible forward as part of a trade
To use a flexible forward as part of a trade, simply:
- Go to the "Operations" page and select the flexible forward
- Click on the "Use flexible forward" button
- A trade order is automatically filled in
- Enter the amount to buy and the execution date
- Click on "Next"
- Validate the trade
Settling your trade
Make sure that you have enough funds on your account to settle your trade.